8.27.2009

Sidewalk Prophets. The Words I Would Say.

Welcome Week was so much fun.
- Move-In Day, hauling girls' belongings up flights of stairs for them. "We Love 4th Floor! We Love 4th Floor! We Love 4th Floor!"
- Run-In, dressed as a ballerina. Setting a new school record: 34 minutes.
- Meeting our Tri-W group. Love them. All so much fun, so sweet.
- Book Discussions with Dr. Faught. Discussing how I've changed since freshman year, when I had him for New Testament.
- New Student Simulation. We got 2nd place. Ha. Everyone did who didn't win.
- Serve Shawnee. Awesome group painting downtown, talking about people from home, trips over the summer, and God.
- Unity Gathering. Wind blowing candles out, and people flocking to the light. So perfect.
- Ka-Rip Wars: GO KHAKI!!
- The Walk. Man. Crazy that this is my last year to watch the freshman walk, unless I am a creeper in the future. I will be taking that walk again this spring, in my cap and gown.

Senior.
Melissa J. Krauss, Senior.
I don't know how I feel about that. It's a little scary.
I feel... contemplative. My stomach is in knots, and I'm not sure why.

I will never be the same. It will never again be this moment, this time in history, this hour of this day of this month in this year. Never. I'm trying to learn to live in the moment, to embrace where I am whenever I am there, to live with no regrets, not looking back or focusing on the future, but being content where I am, when I am there. You know?

2 comments:

Kyle Yates said...

Thanks for linking my video! What do you like about the Sidewalk Prophet's song?

Melissa Joy said...

I like the lyrics a lot - it's what people need to say more often, I think.