9.14.2009

Grey Promenade.

I see how things have changed. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not. I see looks of consternation and confusion, usually staring back at me in the mirror, unperturbed by the day's events. I see smiles, too often hidden until late at night.



Pandora: Bella's Lullaby Radio. Good study music. It makes me want to wear a long coat and walk down the foggy streets of London with my eyes closed so I can watch myself dance a ballet on a lonely stage in the spotlight. The audience has left for the night, returning to their flats that are full of light, but not love. Their flats that house fears and failures, where they are scared to show them to the world at large.

Oh wait, that was Oklahoma today.

I love this weather: drizzly, chilly enough to notice it, but not enough to really make you cold. The leaves are starting to fall, landing in piles that are soggy, sticking to the grass and sidewalk. I slushed through them in my rain boots on the way to and from class, giggling to myself when they stuck to me.

I'm sticking with you, because I'm made out of glue.

It will be a busy week, what with flag football starting (my goal this year is to not go to the Emergency Room), my portfolio due, things to mail, and projects and tests. Piaget. American Girl.

Orange construction cones are littering the campus and our apartment with reminders of care-free days and eternal sunshine.

5 comments:

Kristina Huling said...

I like this post. It's different than how you normally write.

Melissa Joy said...

Thanks.

Is that good?

Kristina Huling said...

It's just different.

Kristina Huling said...

I guess what I mean is normally your post are more "diary"-ish with day-to-day activities and what you thought of them but this is more like written prose, and it was really good. It inspired me to write about the rain some myself.

Melissa Joy said...

cool. Thanks.