10.12.2009

Eight Forty Eight.

I dressed for success, and my feet almost fell off. The red shoes are a little too small... but so cute. Oh, the things girls do.

Like staying up late. I mean, really?

Can I sit by You? I'm so in awe of You. For real. I had a hard time the other day comprehending the awesomeness of my Savior. I just kept thinking about how He hears me, knows me, and loves me. Unashamedly, liberally, tangibly. Please may I kiss Your hand? I only want to be with You. I just want to hold Your hand.

I am here. HERE. In my apartment, at my desk, 100%, completely here. Physically, mentally, emotionally. I am savoring, dwelling, living. But so often I'm not. I got halfway through dinner the other day before I realized I was there. I was just going through the motions while my head and heart were somewhere else altogether. When I had the realization that I had missed the previous three hours of my life, I was astounded. Where have I been?

A friend who went to Asia with me and I had coffee together today. We sat and talked, just sharing about our lives. I've missed doing that with him, with friends in general.

1 comment:

Kristina Huling said...

Learning to live in the present is hard. I know I haven't mastered it 100% yet.