10.20.2009

Tuesday Tribute.




KRISTINA: You are my friend.

My e-mailing friend, but also my in-person friend. Since... sixth grade? Forever ago. I don't remember being sixth grade friends, but you do, and that's cool.

Concert friends. The mosh pit, and Tree 63. Remember taking a picture with them? And Audio Adrenaline. We made T-shirts, right? Mine said "You're cooler than my Ethiopian keychain." I feel like a lot of our friendship is music. Band, though we didn't sit together. But music videos... ha. Sadie Hawkin's Dance at your birthday party, and Hannah's music video, filmed in part in your parent's bathtub. Kayak sledding came to be during the creation of that music video. I borrow your CD's often. Thanks. You introduced me to good music. But you also like me, even though I sometimes listen to Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana.
Music in high school consisted of playing our metal lunchboxes in the school hallways during lunchtime. Ha, and playing imaginary violins, making the noise, and rocking back and forth to the fake music. We were so cool, I can't even explain it. We were oblivious to what people thought of us, or at least I was. I think you were too, though we never talked about it.

I'm glad we founded the Monday Night Hiking Club. It was a great summer, in large part due to that. I'm glad you like to go adventuring and take pictures. Thanks.

And I'm glad you like Harry. Oh, Harry.

I really like how you like to travel. I'm glad you have found something you are passionate about, and I hope you get to pursue that often in the future. My prayer for you is that as you travel, you make a difference in the lives you touch. I know you will. You are very brave, in that if you want to go somewhere, you just do. I admire that in you. I would have been intimidated by SAS, but you owned it. When you live somewhere exciting, can I come visit you?

John Madden Junior. IHOP. Ha, IHOP. I feel like we had a lot of good times at IHOP. Like the time me, you, and Cody went, and our waitress hated life. I kept laughing and you and Cody kept spilling stuff. Or maybe that was just Cody and you got food for free. Either way, epic.

I've got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night. Rock the boat, don't rock the boat, baby.

Losing shoes on birthdays. Hubcaps. Asking my Grandpa to take a picture of us hanging from something, and the picture looking ridiculous. Bear walking. Guessing noises at Portage Glacier. Writing on index cards and adding it to the wall. "I like rocks. My friend fell in the glacier water. It was cold. It's her birthday! -Kristina" "Once a month you should shoot a cannon at the glacier to see it cave."

So many memories.

Thanks. Thanks for blessing my life, for making memories with me, for making me laugh and listening to me. Thanks for reading and responding to my e-mails. Thanks for drawing me pictures and for labeling everything.

Hey, let's be friends, Stop.

6 comments:

Kristina Huling said...

Hey. Thanks.

Thanks for taking the initiative to email me. And thanks for writing this. And I had completely forgotten about the time with the waitress at IHOP who was having a bad day. I really don't remember that much about it even now.

Hey. Are those first two pictures from the pictures we took when I came to see you before you left? Are there a lot or could you email them to me?

Kristina Huling said...

PS. Sometimes, when I hear them on the radio or in your room and I don't know who the artist is... I don't mind Miley Cyrus or the Jonas Brothers.

Melissa Joy said...

The first one was in my room, when I gave you henna, and the second was from our Sisterhood reunion, in Hannah's house, last January? Maybe?

Anonymous said...

I like that Kristina is always on the left and M you are always on the right. It's just fun.

Melissa Joy said...

Ha, I never noticed that. It is fun.

Kristina Huling said...

I guess I don't have any of the pictures from that time in January then either. Or when we all saw eachother briefly in July 2008.