10.20.2009

You Are God. Charlie Hall.



You're closer than our troubles
More present than any danger
More grand than gold and silver
You are God, You are God

You're the joy of man's desire
You are Father, Satisfier
We are stunned with wide-eyed wonder
You are God, You are God

You fill our hearts with love and faith
You fight for us, You make us brave
You are God, You are God.
You walk with us, You lead us on
Faith, hope and love wakes up with dawn
You are God, You are God


Thinking last night about how God fights for me. He fought for me. He fought satan for my soul, for my life, and He fought with the most powerful thing in the world:

Love.

God fought with love, with love crucified on a cross, and because of that, I live. Because of that, I am brave. Because of that, I know Him and can approach Him freely, at any time, in any place, undeniably His daughter.

I don't think satan was expecting to lose to or through love. The only love he knows is distorted, selfish, evil. That love does nothing for others. But God's love - legit love - changes things.

It changed me.

No comments: