11.17.2009

From Tuesday: A Tuesday Tribute.

I just returned home after coffee with a friend I hadn't seen or spoken to much in about 6 months. It was good - and it's funny how God uses my own words (His words spoken through me) to speak to me.



Melinda:

I appreciate your willingness to serve God, your desire to be used by Him, regardless of where He wants you to go. I value you: You clearly just want to follow Him. When you were deterred from Journeyman, you lost a lot of steam, but you haven't lost all hope. You have goals and dreams: reach for them. Move in that direction.

God has you waiting for a reason. Look for that reason. Allow this time to prepare you.

What you are doing now will prepare you. I promise. You are loving people, working with people, serving people, becoming more you. No matter what your future holds, you will be prepared because you are becoming more Christ-like.

I'm proud of you, proud to call you friend.

Thank you, that on my birthday in 2008, you were there. Thanks for going to the movies with me, ordering pizza with me, making crowns with me. Thanks. That really meant a lot to me. I felt like everyone had left, but they hadn't. You were still there.

Did I ever tell you how much I appreciated that? Because I really did.

No comments: