12.22.2009

Tuesday Tribute.



Parents, I know you are scared for me. You are unsure about what is coming in my future and truth be told, I'm scared, too. I don't know what's going to happen. I don't know how the next two years will go nor what will happen after they are done. I just don't know.

Thank you for being brave for me. Thank you for teaching me and allowing me to be an individual. Thank you for encouraging me to try hard, for not accepting anything less than Me - the real, diligent, determined Me. Thank you for allowing me to fail. Thank you for trying to disuade me from decisions that lead to me failing. Thanks.

Thanks for providing me with what I need: money for college, even when it requires selling back your leave; money to buy groceries at school; a car; my American Girl Doll many years ago.

But there's so much more than that.
Mom, you taught me to love. To really love. To give unconditionally for other people. You always stayed up late finishing costumes for me, helping me with projects, sitting in the bathroom with me while I am sick. You speak truth into my life, even when I don't want to hear it. I respect your opinion a lot, Mom. I respect you a lot.
Dad, you taught me the importance of hard work. I see your example and I work hard to follow it. You never give up, never surrender. I admire that in you. Dad, I want to make you proud. I think that sometimes you don't understand where I'm coming from, but you always support me. Thanks.

Thank you for praying for me.
Thank you for taking me to church.
Thank you for sending me packages, for bragging about me, for not comparing me to Brad and Jeff all the time.
Thank you for letting me march to my own drum, to carve my own path, to be my own Me.

No comments: