5.04.2010

Tuesday Tribute.

To my Family:



Thank you.
With you, I laughed and cried and yelled. I fell in poop. I rode an elephant. I ate my first mango and hosted Mango Talks. I began to like chai. I felt supported, loved, and encouraged everyday. With you, I felt confident about the calling my Father put on my life. I was safe walking to the internet cafe.



We played Nerts and sang songs and went shopping and "Namascar"ed and bought food from vendors and stayed up late talking and joking and playing Truth or Dare. We laughed about my wetting the bed, Hannah losing everything, Jordan never using a squattie, Daniel and Kyle hugging on the couch, Steve refusing to pay "White Man's Tex." Henna. Nose piercings. Aamir Khan. We had our roles in the family.

Steve: Chai maker.
Daniel: music player.
Kyle: Dad.
Jordan: informer of books.
Hannah: clown.



You impacted my life in ways you will never understand. All of you. Thank you for... being you. For being used. For making a difference. For standing firm, strong in who you are as individuals and a family unit. Thank you that we are family. Thank you for making time for us to be family. I look forward to those times so much. I will feel lost returning "home" without you.

So please come visit me. Kay, thanks.

No comments: