5.04.2010

Ruth.

I just finished the Ruth study.
So much I want to say about it... but I'll just say this:

Ruth did not know how everything was going to turn out. She couldn't flip ahead a few chapters and read the happy ending like I can with her story. All she knew was that her husband died and her mom-in-law was moving back to Bethlehem. So Ruth decided to move also.

She was faithful. She was obedient.

Because of her obedience to return to Bethlehem, the prophecies were fulfilled. Through her romance with Boaz, a Baby Boy was born, thousands of years later, who would be the most important Baby of all time. If Ruth had chosen to stay in Moab, to not leave with her mom-in-law, to do her own thing... it would have been different. The Baby would have still been born because our Father is not limited by us. But Ruth would not have had a part in it.

I cannot help thinking that I do not know how things will turn out post-October 5th. Ha, I can't flip ahead and see the ending my Father sees. All I know is that He has called me to be obedient and faithful. My choosing to be faithful now will have eternal consequences. Perhaps a great love story will come out of this. Perhaps I will revolutionize education. Perhaps I'll become a Bollywood star. I mean, who knows?

Not Ruth.
Not me.

My Father does not change. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever; same from the time of Abraham, Ezekiel, and Amos; same here and overseas; same when I am scared and happy and angry and crying. My human antics do not determine or limit the work He is doing in me and the world.

1 comment:

KK said...

You will definitely be a star of some sort...Bollywood would be an incredible and humorous bonus.

Can't wait to hug your neck in a few days...