5.04.2010

Last Night.

Last night, I had the opportunity to reflect on my J-man journey so far by sharing it with other people who are committed to the same things as me. The same passions, fear, apprehensions, and uncertainties consume all of us. And that's so comforting. My story is different from most, I think... but I wouldn't change it for anything.

Last night, I wrote in my journal and opened my Bible like always. Ezekiel 2:1-3:15. The Father told Ezekiel that he was being sent to people who would not listen, who would stubbornly shut their ears and refuse to listen. He told Ezekiel to keep speaking, to continue with his message, no matter how long it takes. Then He sent Ezekiel on his way... and Ezekiel went angry and bitter in his spirit. And then... upon reaching his destination, Ezekiel was overwhelmed.

Last night, I realized that I am like Ezekiel in more ways than I care to acknowledge. I have been so bitter and angry, wearing my mourning clothes rather than clothing myself anew with the Spirit. And how ridiculous.

No comments: