6.22.2010

Waiting.

Oh boy, oh boy.

Is it really the end of June? I graduated roughly 6 weeks ago. I returned home 3 weeks ago.
And so many questions have been going through my head for the last week that I can’t even STAND it anymore. Really? Let’s be done with it.

What are we doing?

2 Peter 1:3-4 has been on my mind a lot. Confirmation for my next step has come in so many different forms: conversations, verses, speakers, fellowship… He is always faithful. He always meets my needs because He freaking owns everything. I am called to be a good steward. Easy enough.

Not. It takes constant vigilance. (That reminds me of Harry Potter’s occlumency lessons with Snape.)

But I am tired. Just… tired.

What are we doing?

We are waiting. What a sigh of relief, knowing that He does have a plan, that it is good, and that He will work it out. I feel so much more peace knowing what we are doing. Waiting.

I feel like Ruth, after she lays everything down at Boaz’s feet, having changed out of her mourning clothes, and must simply wait until morning. Because she could just wait, she was able to spend uninterrupted time with Boaz. I bet they talked all night long. I bet they shared stories and secrets and fell more in love than they already were. She rested in the waiting, but she also grew in the waiting.

No comments: