6.10.2010

Blink. Revive. Breathe.

It's been a while. 15 days, eh? That's half of a month.

Home no longer feels like home. I have spent the last 4 years investing in Oklahoma life. My people, my hobbies, my everything took root there. Now, the knowledge that in less than 4 months I am moving to another country is keeping me from planting my life here again.

The problem? Without planting my life, I cannot develop and grow relationships. I cannot make a difference. I will be rendered useless for the Kingdom, a huge fear in my life.

I listened to the radio tonight while washing dishes and a new song came on, one I have not heard before. It's called "Blink," by the band Revive. The lyrics are as follows:

Teach me to number my days
And count every moment
Before it slips away
Take in all the colors
Before they fade to grey

I don't want to miss
Even just a second
More of this

It happens in a blink, it happens in a flash
It happens in the time it took to look back
I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life?

This week is VBS and I teach the 3rd/4th grade class. I love spending time with them, challenging them (and myself). But have I savored my time with them, plunging full-force into everything? And if not, will I?

No comments: