9.20.2010

How do I know God exists?

Because I’ve seen the change in my life. I’ve seen Him set me free from fears of inadequacy, failure, and uncertainty. I’ve seen redemption’s process of convicting me of sin, providing the way out, and leading me into New Life with Him. I’ve seen the blessings that can only come from His hand – money for college, a car, a job, a relationship that had never before even crossed my mind yet blesses me daily. I’ve seen my need for Him – how when I get too far from Him for too long, things fall apart. How when I’m not in His will anymore, I fall apart. I’ve seen Him change lives, restore relationships, and continue to work in stubborn hearts, none more so than my own. And yet, I’ve seen Him rub my back lovingly, massage my feet as a friend, and hover above, ready to pour peace into my life. I’ve seen Him greet me, open the door for me, and show me the sunset He painted for me. I’ve danced with Him. I’ve held His nail-pierced hands in my own as I walked to class. I’ve knelt before His throne; He welcomed me there.

I know God exists because without Him, I wouldn’t.

No comments: