1.12.2011

To My Closest Relative.

Grandma!!

Oh, Grandma. How you make me laugh. The last letter you sent? The one with the drawing in it? I laughed out loud. By myself. In the car. At the post-office. I did get a special Christmas present, but that was not it. Sorry. You will probably be the first one I call when I get THAT present.

I like that you laugh and joke and take things as they are. And I like that you let me come visit you, and you teach me how to make candy, and you let me make chai for you. Yummy. I really enjoy learning about you, from whence you come, how you and Grandpa made everything work, being poor in money but rich in everything else.

Thanks for all the letters you sent me while I was at college.
Thanks for taking care of Ethel June.
Thanks for teaching me how to knit.

Thank you, most of all, for investing time in my life.

Love,
Melissa

No comments: