1.15.2011

To My Ex-Boyfriend.

Greetings, Shaun.

I am sorry that I broke your heart, especially because for you, it was so unexpected.

Actually, I am not sorry that I broke your heart. You did not treat me as well as I deserved and I was willing to put up with that because of a lack of self-concept and a gleeful heart that someone wanted to date me. No, that is not your fault. But I believe that our combined immaturity left us in many compromising, disastrous situations.

I don't know what you're up to, since you unfriended me on Facebook. (BTW, that is so immature.) And it's not like I want you to drop off the face of the planet, just because I broke up with you.

However, I do think that I wasted three years of college. You know, I didn't make good college friends until senior year? After we broke up? Unhealthy. At the time, I totally did NOT see that; but there's an old Egyptian saying, "Hindsight is always 20/20." I don't actually think that's an Egyptian saying, but it still applies.

I hope you are happy and have moved on. If not, I hope you do one day soon.

Also, I didn't think your jokes were funny. At all.

Melissa.

Edit: This sounded very harsh, on my rereading. There were good times, but in the end, it was not what I wanted. However, thanks for teaching me how to longboard. That was fun.

No comments: