1.25.2011

To The Person That I Wish I Could Be.

(Side Note: I'm not sure if this refers to someone I want to be like, or what I want myself to be like. Thus, I am unanimously deciding to go for the latter. This is to me, what I want me to be like.)

Dear Me,

Let me remind myself of who you are. Of who I am.

I am
Caring.
Not emotionally-driven.
Compassionate.
Loving to the point of recklessness.
Beautiful.
Talented. Talented at teaching and loving and allowing people to be free to be themselves.

I am
A Teacher. A Real, legit, teacher who has her own class and can read literature with her students, practice problem-solving, and teach them ALL about the Cold War, Senegal, and the woes of "Global Warming."
Beloved and Treasured.
Not Valuable, but Valued.

I am someone who is not afraid to try new things. I will boldly move in new directions, even if the path does not go that way. I will answer with what I really think is true, not what I know people want to hear. I stand up for truth. I fight for truth.

I regularly listen to "Walk in the Word" with James McDonald. I am THAT person. And I like it.

Apparently I'm now a Taurus. Funny.

I am who I make me. Stop wishing, Melissa, and do it. It is who I am made to be.

Love,
Me.

2 comments:

Kristina Huling said...

They say your sign only changes if you were born after 2009, so I'm still claiming Gemini.

Melissa Joy said...

Phew. I read about Taurus yesterday and was NOT impressed.