1.25.2011

To Someone From My Childhood.

Dear Becca,

We wore polarfleece nearly everyday in 2nd grade. Remember? We both liked Joel. Funny. Oh, funny.
And, we went to church together. And played in the gym. And hung out at your Dad's house reading Full House books. I was convinced that you and Han and I would be Best Friends Forever!

How funny.

I don't know what you're doing now. Are you married? Are you happy?
Do you ever miss how things used to be?

As we grow older, separately now, I find myself becoming more and more nostalgic. I think about playing American Girl dolls, once you got Felicity, too. Sitting in your hot tub. Etc.

But really, I'm also becoming more and more excited about what will happen in the future. I'm learning to dream more - I think often about what I want for the future, but what does God want?

Do you think about God ever?
We were baptized on the same day. Remember?

Huh.

I hope you're doing well, Becca.
That's all.

Melissa

No comments: