2.07.2011

To My Reflection In The Mirror.

Dear Melissa,

This is my last letter. What an interesting journey these letters have taken me on. I've been forced to think about some things. And Melissa, I think you are stronger now. Stronger, and more in love, and more aware.

Looking in the mirror, I have to say - you are beautiful. You are professional. You are a teacher who can and does change lives. You make a difference. Right now, you have a cold and don't feel well, but you are still lovely and worth it.

You can do it.

Dream big. Bigger! Keep dreaming. But include other people in those dreams. And help others achieve their dreams, too. Encourage, don't damper them.

Don't beat yourself up anymore. Do what you love and love what you do, regardless of what the number on the scale says. Zumba your heart out, run if you want to, and keep working on that 6-pack. You can do it. When you set goals, keep working even when it gets hard. Just because something is hard, that doesn't mean you should stop. Remember? Chris taught you that. Persevere. It's worth it.

Look to the future, but don't forget the past; that's how you learn.

Love,
Melissa

No comments: