8.12.2011

Isaiah 54.

Love, love Isaiah 54. I’ve read it every night for nearly a week.

“Oh, barren woman whom I love – enlarge your tents! Spread out! I am the LORD your Husband. I have called you and I am building you up to be better than before. Get ready to receive My blessings.”

I walked barefoot through grass on my lunch break at work today. This was a busy week and I was feeling a little despondent about not teaching this fall; the school where I taught last year is about 60 students over their projected enrollment. But as I walked laps around the soccer fields nearby, I felt God whispering His love over me in everything:
- The soft grass under my feet
- The warm sun after a week of rain
- The dew that clung to the grass despite the warm temperatures
- The wind rustling through the trees and all around me, calling my name, reminding me that everything that happens is designed to display God’s love for me
- The stillness and solitude, but not loneliness

He reminded me that I am chosen. That I am pursued. That I am loved.
I’ve been wearing a simple silver band on my left index finger – a ring that reminds me, per Jewish Tradition (though it’s usually worn on the right hand) of my Betrothal to my Lord. Whatever happens, I am His.

No comments: