5.14.2012

Describe Your Relationship With Your Parents.


I live at home, so my relationship with them is mostly good.  It's hard being nearly 24, still living at home, but I am so thankful that they let me!

My mom and I are closer - she asks me questions about my life (and I'm not one to talk about what's going on unless someone asks).  I think she knows how silly and random I can be - and I know she loves me for that.  She has always been so supportive - when I wanted to go to Africa and India, she was just like, "Welp, God will provide."  And I know she prays diligently for me.

My dad provides like no other.  Almost every birthday or Christmas for the last I don't know how long, I have gotten a gun, knife, or bullets from my Daddy.  He doesn't ask a lot of questions, or respond to them when I ask, but I know he is so darn proud of me: for graduating summe cum laude, for paying off student loans, for buying a car.  He is so giving and loving.

I think they sometimes don't know what to do with me: my passions are different than theirs, and so are my "life goals" and dreams.

They make me laugh, my parents do, and I praise God for putting me in a family with parents who still - after 32 years - passionately love one another, who still kiss in the kitchen (even when I say, "EWW!"), who still like to hold hands.

I have great respect for them.

No comments: