6.05.2006

Back Track.

To backtrack:

Friday night Brad flew in to surprise me for my graduation. It was soo cool. I had been thinking "Man, it would be so cool if Brad could be here, and Jeff." But I knew Jeff couldn't come because of his situation with Kayla, but I really wanted Brad here. And it turns out that like a month and a half ago, he and Mom and Dad set it all up. And everyone knew: Grandma and Grandpa, the Trouts, even Ashley Martin. I was so surprised. I jumped up and gave him a hug and started hitting him. Not hard, but in like an "Oh-my-gosh-what-are-you-doing-here" kind of way. It was incredible. What an awesome surprise. I love my family.

Saturday afternoon was GRADUATION. It was crazy...so surreal and funny. My favorite part, or two of my favorite parts were when everyone was walking around the track with the drum line playing. The drum line is seriously my favorite part of CHS. My second favorite part was when we all walked in and the teachers were all there. And I saw Mme, and she and I shared a silent moment in rememberance of the spectacular French years.

Sunday morning was church, and in the afternoon we had a little Open House type thing at Hannah's house. And we played Clue and had an awesome cake, and looked at pictures, and talked and took pictures and opened presents. And I ate a piece of cake with my name on it. Then we went BACK to church and Pastor Tom gave an invitation. So Mom, Dad, Brad, and I went up to the alter to pray for Jeff, and Grandma and Grandpa came, then a ton of other people came and laid hands on us, and we were all sobbing. And Mrs. Middendorf came, and when we were done praying, she just held me and I cried and cried on her shoulder. And she just held me. And I can't remember the last time anyone did that for me.

Today we went to Whittier. And I kind of wanted something to happen while we were in the tunnel just so I could see what the inside of the Safe Houses look like. And coming back it seemed like everyone (or mostly Dad) was in a bad mood. Then we get home, and Grandma starts to cry, and I don't know what to do, because it's just her and me and if anything, I'm supposed to be crying. Then we all played cards.

And here I am.

No comments: