8.03.2006

Tired At Work. What Else Is New?

I'm so utterly exhausted. And I'm ready to blow this popsicle joint. The popsicle joint being work, of course.

I just want to go home. But I can't. Because at 5:00, I am meeting Tom, Kristi, Stephen, and maybe Lucas for dinner at Pizza Gut. And who knows how long we'll be there. THEN I can come home. But I'll probably just do random stuff until I start my Bible Study at about 11:00 or som, then I'll finally get to sleep.

Thank goodness tomorrow is my last day of work. Though it was sad saying bye to my work buddy, Azzy. Meh. Life goes on.

I get to teach Sunday School on Sunday for the probably last time in a while. The lesson is about our gifts. And I am so excited. I'm showing a clip of "Lord of the Beans", and we're going to use our "gifts" in a rock band. And hopefully they'll learn something, and hopefully they'll have fun.

My parents are weird. No, not weird. But it's like, I'm not allowed to do anything in the evenings with my friends anymore. Which is kind of odd, because we don't do anything at home except sit there. I'll hang out in my room and Mom and Dad watch TV. If they planned something for us to do - dinner, or a movie, or something, I would totally be there. But I've had 18 years of sitting at home with them. And I mean, I never go out with my friends. Over 2/3 of my Friday and Saturday nights during the school year were spent at home. I remember before Brad left for West Point, he just wanted to hang out with his friends. And at the time, I was kind of ticked off about that, because I wanted to spend time with him too. But now, I see his point of view, too. I mean, my family will always be here and support me, but my friends...who knows what will happen. So I think that while I have them here, I want to be with them. Not that I don't want to be with my family, but you know.

And Ms. Mindy.....I'm going to miss her, but it kind of seems like she's cutting me out now. Like, "If I don't spend much time talking to you, Melissa, it won't be so bad once you leave." And that feels like crap, as Tyler would so aptly put it.

So I don't know. But I'm ready for a nap. A long one. In my bed. With my quilt over me. Right now, I keep blinking and forgetting to open my eyes. Oops.

Aargh, better get back to putting folders away.

No comments: