1.27.2008

Weekend.

This has been a fantastic weekend. Very... filling and fulfilling.

Yesterday was the CML retreat. And now... I realize that leading Mission Center is a bg deal, but I'm really excited about it. Something that Tony Tyler said that struck me was that every kid in Oklahoma City has a story. They all have a life story that will always be with them. And to think that we have the opportunity to play a part in their story, however small and insignificant or big and impressive it may be, it amazing. To think that God gives us the opportunities to make their stories better... to fill their stories with more love... that's amazing to me. What story do we need to impress upon them? The story of the cross. They need to see that story in our lives, lived out, loved out.

Hanging out with Kim on Saturday was nice. Lunch at Benedict Street, then Old Navy.

I saw Dr. Armond at Benedict St. and he mentioned my shooting pictures on facebook... awkward... but really really really funny.

I spent my gift cards and got... black dress pants, a light green dress shirt, a green sweater, an orange and white striped shirt, a black clutch, and a white and blue striped night shirt, which, when I went to the bathroom this morning before my shower, a girl thought was a regular dress. She thought it was cute, and thought that I was wearing it to church. :)

And church this morning... The best I've been to in a long time. The church I usually go to here, Calvary, is nice. The people are friendly enough... but no one seems like a really mature Christian. No one seems excited about what they're doing. It seems like they're all just like, "Oh, church again..." and I don't like that.

But this morning...
I went with Kelly, Bruno, Tom, Danielle, Taylor, Galend, Kyle, Ashley and Danielle's brother and cousin to LifeChurch in Edmond. They go there every week, and I decided to join them. The people there... they knew. They knew that it's real - that God is real and that we can have a real relationship with Him. I mean, I saw people raising their hands in praise, down on their knees... I saw a man with one arm raise his arm, eyes closed, singing at the top of his lungs.
And isn't that what church is about? It's about being there - being real before God, being vulnerable with our arms out, eyes closed. It's about meaning what you're singing about, being sincere in worship, not holding back. That's what's been missing in my church experience. That realness.

Classes start tomorrow. I am excited and intimidated about this semester. It will be fun - classes, observing, RAing, Mission Center... but I know it will be busy. Lots of time managament will have to come into play.

Also - "Here (In Your Arms)" by hellogoodbye makes me laugh.

No comments: