5.29.2008

Home.

Well. I am now 20 years and 3 days old.

My teenage years have passed, and I am now a "Twenty-something" year old. I don't know how I feel about it. I mean...I'm TWENTY.

Africa is coming up pretty quickly, which is exciting. Less than a month now. God way out did Himself, and provided WAY more money than I needed.

Spent the last week with Helena, and now I am sad that I don't have an OBU friend here with me. We had fun though - went to Seward and the cabin and climbed the Butte. We watched a LOT of movies, and slept in every day. Loved it.

I start work on Monday. That'll be fun...ish.

It really is nice being Home, where the house is messy and comforting, where I can cook if I want to and it doesn't cost money to do laundry. Of course, there are things I would change about Home - the bad internet for example - but I would never change some things... like the Kip poster on my parents' door. Random things like that are just...Home.

And I like Home.

Helena and I talked a lot about being married... and I can't wait. I mean, I know I will. A couple more years, anyway. :) I can't wait to have a husband... my best friend to stand by me through it all. I can't wait to have a Home with him... to start our own little family.

1 comment:

Addison Degginer said...

I miss you like crazy Jelly, but I am so glad that you are having a good time at home. :)


That's all.