10.10.2008

Mission Center Blessings.

Mission Center has been such a blessing this semester. Maybe it's because I haven't been able to go as much (due to things like Biggie and my parents being here). But when I am there, it's so amazing.

I taught the kid's lesson this week about Davey and Goliath. We only had 8 kids, but we split them into two groups: The Philistines and the Israelites. Each kid had a carper square on which to sit, and when I mentioned "Philistine" or "Israelite" they cheered, depending on their team.

And I told the story really animatedly. I had the kids make facial expressions with me of anger and fear, and I showed them how tall Davey was compared to Goliath, and we talked about how we would all be scared to fight Goliath.

But then we talked about how God gave David courage, and how David knew that God would give him success, so he wasn't scared. And we talked about how God can help us beat the "giants" in our lives, like bullies on the playground and obeying our parents even when we don't want to.

It went SO well. The kids didn't pick on each other or even TALK during the lesson except in response to a question. Our craft was making shields (and we wrote Proverbs 3:5-6 on them) and they loved it, especially when I said we could put glitter on them.

And Kathleen and I hung out. I love her so much, and her sweet spirit.

I even got to see Tink for a few minutes.

No comments: