9.26.2009

Nine Twenty-Three.

Remember when? Those were the days.

Remember when we dressed up, too? And, laughingly, I petrificus totalused you, right in the middle of the theater. We had wand fights, in our billowing robes, and your hair stayed black a lot longer than you hoped. People watched, and we made them guess who was who.

I was Hermione.

I made a cloak for Zoe also. She wore it for l'Halloween that year. I put a picture in my baby book and told Le Grand Escargot about it, I think.

Remember that he drove us in, and the car battery died, and it was snowy, and we wore our robes to stay warm? We were almost in a few car accidents that night, and we laughed a lot.

That feels like forever ago... lifetimes ago. Light-years ago, around the bend in the solar system, just out of sight, but like a tumor on my brain that grows in sadness and joy (at the same time) the more I remember it. The stars flit in and out of view as I see us, standing in a huddle at the theater, laughing about why we were dressed up again? Then a planet comes along, blocking us from view, as reality sets in again, and I realize that that... that was a long time ago. And we can't always - ever - go back there.

Huh, he said.

No comments: