5.17.2012

What Are Five Passions You Have?

- Education.  Education can change the world.  That's one reason I like Krochet Kids International - they are dedication to educating women and empowering them to rise above their current situations.  Providing someone with an education - not just having them memorize rote facts, but leading them to think and reason on their own - that's what changes lives.  I want to assist in that in any way I can.
- Missions.  I am all for traveling, but especially when there is a greater purpose behind it.  What greater purpose than going to a lost world, sharing the greatest hope ever with people who - without it - would die and go to a very real place: hell.
- Crocheting. I like how I can take yarn and tie some knots in it and all of a sudden - BAM - you have a sweater. Or a blanket. Or slippers.  Isn't that clever?
- Love. Love is the other thing that can change the world.  It gives hope and brings peace and laughter and boy - once you encounter real love, and that love is reciprocated - you are never the same.
- My job.  I didn't think I'd say that, when I'm not teaching in a classroom, but I do enjoy my job.  Especially the working-with-people and making-forms-and-newsletters part.  I like that I am involved in education, but in a back-ground role.  The world would spin on without me, but I like to think I help it spin a little better...

No comments: